Sunday, December 31, 2006

One year ago Today...

One year ago today our lives changed. Lauren arrived home on December 30th. That first night I remember sleeping on the floor next to her crib.... I finally fell asleep around 4:30 in the morning.... only to wake up at 5:15 with the intense feeling that someone was studying me. It was Lauren... with a huge grin on her face. I can't think of anything better ever happening to me. The night before, after picking Lauren & Dawn up at the airport, I looked in the rear-view mirror in the car about two blocks from our house. I saw Lauren, sleeping peacefully in her car-seat. That was the first time I truly knew she was ours and I was overcome by an overwhelming sense of joy.
Thank You Orson Mozes & Adoption International for making our dreams come true!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

I loved the pics of all the people who helped you in Kaz. We are leaving in a few short weeks and pray we have the wonderful people who assisted you in your journey to Lauren!

:-) Dawn

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home